Friday, August 22, 2008

Mario and how things work.


I was playing Super Mario Galaxy today (a video game for the Nintendo Wii, for anyone born before 1960, and the place you were born was under a rock). As I maneuvered Mario around avoiding nefarious characters out to get me, I realized that Mario really knows his stuff. If something bad is coming at you you: A. Jump out of the way, or B. spin around crazily and hope that it knocks it out of your way. This is a simple lesson so many people just don't get. Fight or flight. Each has its place and time, and each can be very wrong. But all and all one of the two is the best way to win at life's hard lessons. When bad things are a-comin' get out of the way. When the shit is going to hit the fan, step to the side of the fan (preferably to the opposite way of the blades). If the things are coming at something you love, take a stand. Let nothing stand in the way of the things you love. Wether it be your lovely daughter, or a 1up mushroom. Go for your Powerstar.

P.S. I do not condone the use of 1up mushrooms or shrooms of any kind. I had my time with them, and a few were very rough. But thats another story...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I think you've been playing too many video games. Kisses!