Sunday, August 10, 2008

Unplugged

As I sit in my Principles of Management class, I look over the "perspective" leaders of business, and I think of crying. I wouldn't trust the majority of these people to manage a Burger King. No less then five of them have a bluetooth headset stuck in their ear. Every week, two times a week when I see them and they have them in their ear. Outfits change but bluetooth is the same. I wonder when do they put them in? When they wake up, after they brush their teeth, or right when they leave the house: keys, walet, headset. Do they take them off to shit?
What important part of this universe are they a part of. They are obvously so important that the thought they might not be able to talk on there cell and perform complicated "hands free" activities at any give moment is unfathable. Maybe their on the bomb squad, or contected to the presedent of their given job. I'm going with, they feel so self important that they think they need to be conected. Unplug for a fucking secound. Give the teacher respect.
But I know whats really going on. It's the Borg. Star Trek was right. There is a species from the far reaches of space that endlessly soak up planets and assimilate them into one mind. They are attacking us before we even know it. Inserting this implants into our ears, never unpluged. There not going to get me. I will not be a part of this colective masses, I will be independent and not act like my ear is an extention of the constantly conected world of technology.
Now excuse me I have to download the new John Mellencamp record to my IPod.

No comments: