Friday, August 15, 2008

How to be a manager part 2

The second thing that evidently is key to becoming a manager to a multimillion dollar company is the Irish Shower. Let me digress for a second and say I love the Irish and believe them not to be smelly in anyway, but sayings are sayings and they save time.
I was sitting in class waiting to observe the Borg in class when a young, very hip dressed, and slightly sagging guy comes in and sits next to me. The smell of cheep "insert rip off fragrance here" wafers in with him. Class starts and I decide to stick it out. It will dissipate. I will get used to it. NO! Nearing the half way break it starts to burn my eyes. When class breaks I get up and move out to the hall, for fresh air I literally feel sick.
I stand in the hall and hope that his grandmother dies so he will leave. Horrible, but so was the smell. As I come back in I notice that he is sitting in the same place never getting up. The smell is getting stronger. It doesn't have any underling BO smell, like he was covering up not getting into the shower, he just thinks that its a good idea. Maybe its covering up the smell of stupidity.
As I go back to my seat I know that I have to make a decision. Do I move, or not? As I near my seat the smell hits like a brick wall surrounding him at about four feet.
I have to move.
As I pick up my stuff the kid looks at me questioningly. "Suns in my eyes. Moving back a little."
He nods knowingly.
Success! I move two seats back to were it just smells like the outside of a JC Penny Mall entrance. Annoying but tolerable.
The smelly starts to shift uncomfortably. I stare, whats wrong, whats he doing. He gets up and moves two seats back to sit next to me again.
"Sun was bothering me too." He says smiling.
I'm stuck dumb. The smell is back and worse. Its spreading around the classroom like the Andromeda Strain. I get up and pick up my stuff and prepare to leave. He looks again questioningly. "Got go. Grandmother died." I say with a shrug, and escape.

No comments: