Thursday, September 25, 2008

Weight Management


I'm tired a lot, I eat too much, I don't have a lot of time, and I complain to much. I have a beautiful wife and daughter, who bring me light every day. I have a job that is relatively easy, and pays well, enough to let my wife stay home with Violet (with some pinching). I am doing well in school so far and have a Playstation 3 and friends. I like the PS3 a little better sometimes. It's hard to focus on the good sometimes, even when the good out ways that bad. Sometimes I feel like the bad is so pronounced because the good is as well. The Ying to my Yang. The weight of my body, and the things I have to do pushed on me like a bolder. My weights are quickly moving from the category of 'things I should do' to 'things I need to do'. My wife looks at me worriedly as I look at my weight loathingly in the mirror. She looks at me worriedly when I have problems getting out of the chair because of my back, or when I can't get up the stairs without pain in my knee making it give out. I don't know what to do. When I see people that need to drive scooters around Wal-Mart to by their Ho-Hos, I think to myself 'Stop eating'. This is easier said than done. Of course I don't eat Ho-Hos everyday either. Sometimes answers are not just sitting their obvious, sometimes they take time and effort and work. Sometimes we don't like the answers, like medication or a CPAP machine. Maybe the answer is to stop complaining.

No comments: